Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Avoid Monsoon Infection and Disease

The monsoon is here and shouts of joy can be heard through the streets! As the rain washes away the waves of heat, the crowds are simply loving the clear, clean, cold, windy weather.

This season is a risky one as far as infection and disease is concerned. Until now, I'd known that it was easy to get throat infections, colds, coughs, bronchitis, viral fevers and the like, in this rainy weather.

Yesterday however, I called up my tattoo-artist friend from Dragonfly Tattoo Studio (he's got a tattoo studio in G.K. Market, Delhi) to ask him about navel piercings. He advised me that this wasn't the right time to get that sort of stuff done, as the moisture in the air is perfect for infections to breed. He added that the best time during this season, would be in the end of August as the air is drier then and a piercing would heal quicker.

By the same token, my dentist advised me to allow extra recovery time for my scheduled surgery this weekend, as the rainy weather is perfecting for breeding infection.

So, be advised, and take care of your bodies this season. Now you know!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!!
    Vkool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues.
    vkool.com

    ReplyDelete