Friday, May 29, 2009

Lord, I love my lassi!

Healthy Lassi
I’ve been getting into this habit of drinking 400 ml of salted lassi every morning before I start my day. (Mother Dairy has these 6 rupee packs of 200ml each.) I know it ends up making me feel refreshed, but I wanted to get the ‘inside scoop’ on what it really does for a person. I ended up using Google to research it and here’s what I found.

Wikipedia says: “Traditional mild salted lassi - This form of lassi is more common in villages of Punjab. It is prepared by blending curd with water and adding salt, pepper and other spices as per the requirements. The drink thus produced is known as Salted lassi.”

Some health benefits of lassi:
o Summer coolant – helps to rehydrate and refresh the body. It is especially helpful during summers where the body needs coolants to guard against excessive heat.
o Gastroenteritis cure – Gastroenteritis is an inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract. Lassi helps to cure the acute diarrhea caused by this illness.
o Helps the digestive process.

 Well, that’s pretty much all I found on it. I was hoping to get at least 10 different lassi benefits off the net, but I guess this’ll do. 

All I can say is that it’s good! Try it, I’m sure you’ll like it!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I soooo Love Lassi too. I found the same info you did on Wikipedia. Just having one and hae another in the fridge for tomorrow. Im actually on a liquid diet and just feel that the Lassi can only be beneficial. If not. I love it anyway. So there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even I am having 4-5 glasses of lassi everyday! I hate to put on weight and this one is really helping me to stay fit. I don't feel hungry after having my fav. salted lassi!!
    Am i advertising??? Naaaa....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What abt sweet lassi is that good too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What abt sweet lassi is that good too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information..
    Vkool

    ReplyDelete